Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Departed

Only just remembered I saw this film.. which is shameful because it is amazing. I never saw the source film so I can’t offer an opinion on the reinterpretation. This Scorsese film is great and had me holding my breath at times as the two “rats” circle each other. I loved this cast! It was great to see Martin Sheen doing something non-presidential. It’s been too long! Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio are very good, but Alec Baldwin and Mark Wahlberg steal the show. Oh yea and that Nicholson guy… he is frightening as Frank Costello and refreshing as he doesn’t do a typical Nicholson reading of the lines. There is way more going on this film than I can remember and I want to see it over and over.
Favorite moment: The jaw-dropping sequence where Costigan trails Sullivan to get a peek at his face. Holy Crap! This was thrilling for both the heightened suspense and the visual feast.
81

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home