Saturday, November 11, 2006

Man of the Year


Not a big fan of Barry Levinson films, but this film has convinced me to give him another try. Not a classic by any means, just a simple romantic comedy that tip toes into being an ode to political thrillers. The marketing unfortunately confused my expectations (one more reason to not watch trailers) and I thought I would be treated/subjected to Robin Williams doing running comedy rants on politics. Not so. The film does offer some in the beginning but soon becomes a quieter political commentary then a romantic comedy and then a thriller. The overall product may be confused but I actually enjoyed the transitions and came away feeling warm and fuzzy. Robin Williams and Laura Linney have a very nice chemistry that I would not mind seeing repeated in a future film.
Favorite moment: Eleanor and Tom at Thanksgiving.
76

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home