Saturday, March 04, 2006

Gerry


Gus Van Sant’s hiking movie… not sure what else to refer to this one as. Definitely not a movie I would have normally spent a lot of time with and yet a movie I am glad I saw. Amazing that extended shots of two people just walking could be compelling, but the sound and the rhythm of the walking sucked me in. Loved both Casey Affleck and Matt Damon. Both are very personable and honest on screen, I really enjoyed that. Not so sure what happened at the end and if maybe the whole thing was a hallucination, but I really don’t care. The journey was fulfilling and the desert scenes interesting.
Favorite moment: Casey getting stuck on a tall rock and struggling with how to get down as Matt piled up sand he could jump into. Seriously, how is that gonna help?
3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home