Saturday, March 04, 2006

King Kong



My first movie of this resolution was Peter Jackson’s “King Kong.” It was actually the 2nd time I’d seen the film. Yes I did like it that much even though almost 2 months on, I now barely remember it! Loved it because it was so over the top in terms of action but also had a heart. Andy Serkis was great as Kong. Imagine having a career where you excel at embodying a character but no one sees what you really look like as a human. Blessing or curse? Jackson’s re-imagining of historic New York City was as spectacular as any of the other special effects or sequences, just as fun as the Coen brothers’ imaginary NYC in “The Hudsucker Proxy.” Jackson is a genius visual storyteller. Saw this movie in the AMC 25 on 42nd street. By far my favorite theatre in the country with the best seats and best sound!
Favorite moment: Kong and Naomi in Central Park.
1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home