Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Incredibles


Imagine Pixar doing an animated drama. Well that’s what I really loved about this film. By the time I got to the end of the film where the spectacular battle against evil occurs I was longing for the down to earth drama of the Parr residence and Bob’s ennui. Not that the end is bad, it was just amazing to see that an animated film did not need to make use of fantastical elements to be entertaining. Got to see this at the same time I visited MOMA’s exhibition of Pixar work. More than one person has said to me that animated films should not count in this little project of mine because they are not really “films.” The Pixar exhibit showed that more thought about the art and craft of film is put into these works than most mainstream blockbuster films. As I write this “Madea’s Family Reunion” is number one at the box office. 'Nuff said to all you “animater haters!”
Favorite moment: any scene with Edna.
2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home