Sunday, March 05, 2006

Gosford Park

No I did not see this when it originally came out which is a shock even to me. How did I miss a film with Michael Gambon and Alan Bates? Well now that things have been rectified I am pleased to say it’s as good as the critics claimed it was. Loved the whole murder at the estate plot combined with upstairs downstairs melodrama. Julian Fellowes has a way with words and I look forward to seeing his follow-up film “Separate Lies” before the year is out. The strength of GP? Not repeating plot points and just letting the dialogue and story flow. The production design is superb and the costumes magnificent. Could have done without the whole plotline around Ryan Phillippe… but maybe someday I’ll understand why it was there. Nice work Mr. Altman!
Favorite moment: Every time Inspector Thompson tries to introduce himself.
16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home