Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dreamgirls


This film belongs to Jennifer Hudson all the way and everyone else (including the storyline) is just there for her. Amazing performance from someone who just a few years ago got voted off American Idol. The audience I saw it with actually applauded her showstopper number. The film as whole is ok. Can't say this musical appeals to me in general. Bill Condon's direction is solid but I could have used alot less of the 360 degree camera movement. It was nice to see Danny Glover again. Those damn movies he did with Mel Gibson were so annoying that I forgot how good an actor he is. Eddie Murphy is entertaining and can actually belt out a tune. I am bored with Jamie Foxx or he's boring. I'm not sure which. Great opening sequence and great closing credits.
Favorite moment: Effie's song.
Film # 92

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home